Sunday, August 21, 2011

B-School Chale Hum

                                                                        
      Another morning I wake up to find        this irresistible urge to go back to my bed and dump my face in my pillow.  Sleep is not the luxury I can afford now. This thought takes me back to the day where I just paid for the ticket to enter into this awesome, bumpy, exhausting, thrilling , exhilarating ride of MBA.
                                                                                  
                                                                                                              
                                                                                                                It was 30th March,2011 the day I took admission into NMIMS. I was finding my way to Admissions Department on 8th Floor when I spotted few students wearing this dark midnight blue coloured t-shirt. This T-shirt said it all. It had a palm engraved on the front depicting 6 firsts in the life of a student at NMIMS. These six were : First Day at NMIMS, First Job, First promotion, First takeover, First BMW, First Greek Island. I felt taking an admission and being part of this journey called  MBA is destiny. It is written. I gave NMAT thrice during past three years. In first year I missed it by 1 mark. In second year, I missed it by two questions.


                                                                                                                                                                   The first day at NMIMS was the day when Dean and Vice-Chancellor were going to address us. I was all excited and geared up. A strong count of around 500 people ready to be addressed before they tie their seatbelts. Indeed a flight of time. I can never imagine how fast the time flew by. The induction days made it pretty clear when we were starting the first day of induction by waking up at 4 ‘O Clock in the morning. It was one of the most friendly crowds. These are the few days I can describe with vivid memories.
                                                                                                                                                     
   The academic rigour began when we were almost losing our little bit left brains to figure out the balance of balance sheets, to find out the Marketing mix before getting mixed by the Demand Supply Curves or understanding indifferent curves( How can somebody be indifferent to Curves !) or just remembering the holy grail of Statistics with no. 30 as the correction factor for finite population or trying to sustain ourselves in the Corporate Social responsibility. What responsibilities can be weighed on an individual leader with ethics!                                   
                                      Else time just refuses to stop and let me savour every moment of it with utter delight. It’s such an exhilarating part I want to live every moment thoroughly. 

Gyaniji Says : Many People take this home!
                               


No comments:

Post a Comment