Sunday, January 15, 2012

Kites in the sky

          
              It was 14th January, Makar Sankranti : Uttarayan. People fondly celebrate this year by eating sweets made from Sesam seeds and Jaggery and by flying kites. I attended a Kite Flying Festival at YuvaJyothi, Indian Centre for Integrated Child Development, Martin Nagar, Nagpur. It is an orphanage and also a shelter home for kids in trouble. It is part of my Course, We Care, at NMIMS. Before the function began, children were enthralled to see the host of visitors coming to the place normally no one visits. Soon the function began and Father Harold was asked to talk about it. He said I dont know much about the festival and how it originated . But, yes I can definitely cite my obervations. These coming words were the words that knocked many of us down from the place. He said whenever I see kids flying kites. I watch them in rapt attention. They inspire me. When these kids are flying kites, they are glued to their kites in the sky. They dont look at stones and thorns they are walking and runnning over while flying a kite. They dont hear what the others what they are saying. They also dont hear when a street dog is barking. Their Kites have their full attention.
                     

             He said, "My dear children, aise hi aap life mein bhi aagey bado. Aap jo karna chahte hain, use karo kahin aur mat dhyan do, log kya kar rahe hain, woh kya keh rahe hain, koi aapki buraai kar raha hai. Aap sirf apne patang ki taraf dhyan do." ( My dear Children , Live your life in the same way as you fly the kite. Don't look what others are doing . Dont hear what they are saying. Dont listen to your critics. Just concentrate on your target on your Kite: Goal ).

              The next place I happened to visit was a Bal Sanskar Kendra, Shri Asaramji Bapu's Yog Vedanta Sewa Samiti (pic above). I saw children learning lots of good things. There was one that went with me and that was one verse they were chanting together in a spirited and musical way. That was,

                "Lakshya na ojhal hone paaye,
                 Kadam milakar chal,
                 Safalta tere kadam chumegi,
                 Aaj nahi toh kal."

               ( Dont let your eyes go off from your aim, Together Lead your way ahead, Succes will kiss your feet, if not today then tomorrow).
              

               Then, there I was with kids flying kites. A young boy asked me to help him fly a kite. He was a learner. He asked me, " Bhaiya, how far can my kite go?". I answered him, " how far you want it to go." Thats where I realised that is all upto us how far do we want to go ahead  with our goals to achieve them and achieve them. Nobody is stopping us it is only us who can make it or break it.
               When I was walking out of Bal Sanskar Kendra, I did not see Kites in the Sky there were thousands of ambitions, goals in the sky tring to soar higher and higher.
                      

1 comment: